On the 4th March, in the lead up to International Women’s Day, OMD client – Bacardi Limited and S.H.E. SUMMIT, will host their first-ever European event in London. The event will bring people together to encourage both men and women to take actions that plant seeds of change for a more diverse and inclusive community and workforce.
The one-day event, Spirit Forward, is anchored in the theme: ‘You don’t need to be in charge to lead’, centering on the belief that the first step in being a change-maker is to acknowledge that you already are.
With an impressive speaker line-up that includes: TV presenter and diversity campaigner June Sarpong MBE; author and Granddaughter of Pakistan’s first democratically elected Head of State, Fatima Bhutto; leading Hollywood actress Andrea Riseborough; writer and social activist Gina Martin who recently had “upskirting” made a criminal offence; Laura Haynes, Chair of the UN Women National Committee; Pip Jamieson, Founder of The Dots; Jack Norman, Co-Founder, Milk For Tea; Patrick Harrison, Executive Director, English National Ballet.
The event covers topics such as:
- Six Degrees of Integration – the case for the social, moral and economic benefits of diversity
- Faces of Change – the people making a difference, re-defining what it takes to lead and contributing to contemporary change
- Representation of Women in TV and Film – in a society where media is the most persuasive force shaping cultural norms, we discuss how mainstream media and culture contribute to the under-representation of women in positions of power and influence
- Five Ways Men Can Help End Inequality – hear it from a male perspective
- Female Founders – the challenges and opportunities facing female entrepreneurs
- Re-Set Your Coordinates – a powerful session about finding your purpose
- So You Want to Change the World – freeing people of all genders from the tired stereotypes that limit them.
As a strong supporter of female empowerment and diversity, OMD is proud to be a part of this initiative and help Bacardi Ltd. and S.H.E SUMMIT to create greater awareness around the event. By leveraging strong relationships with our partners – Facebook Inc., Teads.tv, and Talon, we were able to drive awareness of Spirit Forward through donated social, digital, and OOH media space.
“Spirit Forward is about bringing together passionate influencers from society, culture and business to help celebrate and accelerate equality for everyone”, said Lisa Jedan, VP, Global Brand Communications, Bacardi-Martini Ltd. “I’m grateful to the passionate team at OMD who have come together and rallied an even more passionate and supportive group of media partners to help promote the event.”
Spirit Forward LONDON is a not for profit event and all ticket sales proceeds will go to charity partner, Dress for Success Greater London, a registered charity that empowers women into the workplace from positions of disadvantage. Dress for Success provides free professional clothing and styling, interview coaching and ongoing support.
Spirit Forward LONDON takes place Monday 4th March 2019 at Sea Containers, Southbank, London SE1 9RQ.
For tickets and more information visit: spirit-forward.eventbrite.com
@SpiritFwdGlobal #SpiritForward @SHESummit #BalanceForBetter