Hello and welcome to your weekly OMD FWD!
Reality is stranger than fiction with printed submarines and robots in the workplace, but fear not, they are not here to steal our jobs. You can now say ‘adios’ to being lost in translation during your holiday with this real-time translating earpiece. Moment marketing becomes easier with Facebook launching natural language processing in Messenger 2.1, enabling brands to scale their experiences on the platform.
On another note, Google was named the world’s healthiest brand and is now trialling autoplay videos in search results, which could pose opportunities for brands. Amazon is a contender to turn the digital duopoly into a troika as the company pledges to become an ad platform leader. Also, Arianna Huffington raises the bar for Uber’s next CEO.
While you wait for next week’s OMD FWD, check out the best iPhone and iPad apps of 2017.
- Agencies and advertisers are climbing on board Amazon’s ad business
- Facebook Messenger’s platform update1 paves the way for much greater automation at scale
- Google is testing adding autoplay videos to search results for queries that return videos in the knowledge panel
- Amazon’s annual Prime Day led to a drop in footfall of up to 36% for some retailers, according to digital research firm Sense360
- Google has claimed the top spot in YouGov’s first ever ‘brand health’ rankings
- 50% of team collaboration and communication will occur through mobile group collaboration apps by 2018
- This earpiece can translate foreign languages in real-time, helping you to avoid those awkward holiday misunderstandings
- In a world of fake news, Authory wants to help journalists make their quality content more accessible to readers
- 3D printing is no longer just for mass producing dolls, as the US Navy have just printed a submarine
- How Arianna Huffington is leading the search for Uber’s new CEO
- Need some new apps to improve your life (or just pass time)? Here’s the best of 2017 thus far
- The rise of artificial intelligence will not mean that robots are stealing our jobs
If you see anything of FWD worthy in the week ahead, please share using #OMDFWD