Hello and welcome to another weekly dose of FWD where recent studies have proven ‘Generation X’ are more addicted to Social Media than ‘Millennials’. This might come as a surprise to some of you, however, this demonstrates how the younger generation is moving away from traditional social platforms.
That said, Facebook is still the most popular network on our smartphones, followed by Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest according to Nielsen’s latest report. This, in turn, explains how Facebook had more conversations via mobile than desktop for the first time, particularly around Black Friday, with transactions growing by 55% year on year. This is a 10% increase on the same time in 2015.
In further developments, Facebook is now testing ads within their mobile messaging interface, which could be the start of something big if successful in both Australia and Thailand, watch this space!
- Facebook messenger begins testing ads
- Time Inc to acquire automated ad buying platform Adelphic Inc.
- Google took down 7bn ads in 2016, twice as many as in 2015
- GenX more addicted to Social Media than Millennials
- 2016 was the first year that Facebook saw more mobile than desktop conversions for the entire Holiday Season
- 79% of all web traffic in India comes from Mobile devices
- Denmark to appoint a digital ambassador to liaise with the leading tech companies
- Ford looks to make old vehicles more intelligent with Smart device plug-in
- Prepare to be able to feel everything you touch in virtual reality
- Scientists worked out how to turn Hydrogen into metal. This could revolutionise technology and space flight
- New tech lets you control your smartwatch with just your breath
- How Google’s artificial intelligence platform invented its own language to enable better, faster translations
As ever, share anything interesting you spot with #OMDFWD