This week people from all over the world, including Elon Musk and Sadiq Khan, flocked to Austin for SXSW 2018. OMD’s Chrissie Hanson and Mark Murray-Jones have been busy reporting from the front lines for OMD – you can check out Chrissie’s daily recaps on the blog here.
- Many brands chose to mark #InternationalWomensDay, including KFC which changed its logo to ‘Claudia Sanders’ for a day to celebrate its female workers
- Snapchat is testing a new tagging feature, akin to Instagram, which lets users tag people in their stories, and Facebook Messenger Lite launches video chat
- Reuters has announced the launch of Lynx Insight, its new AI tool for journalism
- Viewing habits across Netflix reveals the majority of users watch content on their TVs
- A look at how brands can resonate in the future with consumers in a screen-less environment
- Forrester reports that brands will invest more of their budgets into Voice Search in the future, benefitting the likes of Amazon
- Technology is bringing out the big kid in us all, as Google allows us to experience Disney parks in Street View, as well as Mario in Google Maps
- Unilever has trialled facial recognition technology in stores to assess the effectiveness of its retail activity
- Jurassic World Alive is going to be released soon and will be similar to Pokémon Go, but with dinosaurs
- Brian Solis discusses the importance of Customer Experience
- Research shows people on Twitter are much more likely to share false news, rather than retweeting the truth
- The inventor of the world wide web Tim Berners-Lee calls for greater regulation of the big tech firms, to combat the concentration of ideas being shared
As always, please share anything you find interesting using #OMDFWD!