Hello and welcome to your weekly FWD.
With France crowned the winners of the FIFA World Cup after a nail biting tournament, we turn our attention from the pitch back to business. For Omnicom this means the launch of Omni – our marketing and insights platform. “Until now, the idea of mass personalisation was more of an aspiration than a reality – Omni changes that. This is precision marketing at scale and in action. And the new platform can be leveraged by all Omnicom clients across multiple disciplines.”
AI is also hot on everyone’s lips, as new research reveals that personal touch trumps AI in the workplace. Apparently, the majority of us would rather talk to a real person over a machine when it comes to workplace issues. If you’re looking to win a complex first-person multiplayer video game however – AI might be your ticket – and with children as young as one interacting with voice activation, it’s easy to see why we’re so taken with this tech.
- One for all of us: Omnicom Media Group launches marketing and insights platform ‘Omni’
- Pinterest adds a chat tool for collaborative planning boards
- Experts say ICO’s fine to Facebook signals seriousness of its GDPR enforcement
- 5 killer marketing stats to start your week
- New IPA research reveals up to 81% of Brits prefer human interaction rather than AI when discussing workplace issues
- Children as young as 1 are interacting with voice-activated devices
- Guess and Alibaba use artificial intelligence to reinvent retail fashion
- Snapchat develops new visual search functionality that directs users straight to Amazon listings
- Brands are experimenting with the new IGTV in weird and wonderful ways
- How the top social media platforms have changed and what it means for marketers
- It’s no longer just about chess, as AI can now win at first-person multiplayer video games
- Did 2018’s new look Cannes Festival help to overcome the problems from the previous year?
As always, please share anything you find interesting using #OMDFWD