Hello and welcome to your weekly FWD.
The world’s ears pricked on September 12 when Apple held its awaited keynote in Cupertino to announce the latest onslaught of its products to the market. The triple threat came in the form of theiPhone XS, XR and XS Max. The Apple Watch is also coming in re-vamped and edgy. Each with slightly different specs, sizes and capabilities, reviewers are worried that whilst Apple customer may find this level of customisation helpful, it could simultaneously produce decision paralysis in buyers who aren’t confident enough to pay.
From one revered brand to another, L’Oréal are now conducting background checks on influencersthat they may wish to partner with in order to weed out those who have fake followers, have brand safety issues or are disingenuous. YouTube would disagree with this approach, saying that advertisers are now more concerned about transparency, viewability and measurement than brand safety.
- To help make Facebook a nicer place they are building AI which is extracting text from 1 billion images and video frames per day to help get rid of offensive content on the platform
- YouTube is following suit by bringing vertical ads to the platform for the ultimate mobile experience as well as new updates to YouTube Kids allowing parents more control
- Instagram is testing tagging users in videos and Twitter now has real time broadcasts from your favourite people at top of the timeline
- 2019 Digital Trends are being talked about right now – are your brands ready?
- A big issue for app developers is keeping users engaged, the latest report shows users delete apps on average after a week
- Research from Hootsuite reports that all businesses (large or small) see social media as an integral form of marketing
- IPA Touchpoints 2018 has released some interesting stats around users’ views on the media landscape
- The Weather Channel’s 3-D room depicting Hurricane Florence is epic and went viral on social media
- Another example of AI, this time Google using it to improve their Android device batteries
- Snapchat now allows publishers to use user generated content in their stories
- Fancy trying to live on bitcoin for 21 days? This documentary series chronicles just that
- This article looks at the rise of Unilad as a top Facebook publisher and what its future could look like
- Top Ten ‘critical points’ From Mark Zuckerberg security manifesto
Please feel free to pass OMD FWD onto your colleagues, clients and friends – they can subscribe here at any time and watch Wednesday’s get better! #OMDFWD