Hello and welcome to your weekly FWD.
“While my background is in tech, I have a deep-rooted belief in the power of creative ideas. This mix combined with start-up mentality, agility and entrepreneurialism, will unlock opportunities to deliver work that makes a difference for our clients.” – Guy Marks
Following the exciting announcement earlier this week that start-up founder Guy Marks will be taking the helm of OMD EMEA, this issue is dedicated to stories where tech and creativity meet…
Google opens new avenues in China through a long-term agreement with Tencent, Amazon has finally opened its checkout-free shop, and Spotify can now help you adopt a dog with the same music tastes as you!
One to watch: tackling one of the industry’s big mysteries, BuzzFeed’s Publisher Dao Nguyen gives a TED talk on the secret to making content that people love.
- Automated retail is now here as Amazon’s checkout-free shop finally opens today
- YouTube announces measures to earn back trust from advertisers and agencies
- Google opens new avenues in China through long-term agreement with Tencent
- Twitter’s investigation reveals that 600k users interacted with Russian propaganda accounts
- You can never have too many, so here’s eConsultancy’s marketing and digital predictions for 2018
- Here’s Twitter’s best brand campaigns of 2017 and insights into why they worked
- Are we about to see the launch of an ‘iTunes equivalent’ for VR music?
- Barking mad? You can now adopt a dog with the same music tastes as you
- This messaging app only works when you have less than 5% battery life, and you can only chat to strangers
- Tackling one of the industry’s big mysteries, BuzzFeed’s Publisher Dao Nguyen gives a TED talk on the secret to making content that people love
- Is advertiser-funded dialogue in scripts the future of product placement?
- Is CES’ ability to accurately show us the technology of the future starting to wane?
If you find anything interesting, please share using #OMDFWD