Hello and welcome to this week’s OMD FWD! Despite it being officially summer you can’t blame us for saying “Winter is coming”…as this week Facebook rolled out a special Game of Thrones photo filter for the season finale (don’t panic no spoilers included!).
Facebook has also been making some changes to the platform, moving towards TV-like content after seeing higher engagement from serialised publisher content, blocking advertising on pages that share fake news and withdrawing some of the less business-focused ad formats. Meanwhile, Amazon continues to rise in the ranks of the online giants, expanding its programmatic offering and moving into the FinTech space. However, Walmart and Google are partnering to challenge Amazon’s ascent by taking on Alexa in the voice-shopping market. It also appears that Alexa may face some other intruders in the future…kids!
- Facebook clamps down on fake news and withdraws some of the less business-focussed ad formats
- Walmart and Google to partner to challenge Amazon’s Alexa in the voice shopping market
- Amazon expands it programmatic offering and is looking to get into banking
- Google refunds the service fees for a host of advertisers whose ads were only seen by bots
- People prefer watching serialised publisher content on Facebook and Buzz Sumo share insights from analysis of 100 million videos on Facebook
- Expect to see an increase in video ‘rewards ads’ in your favourite mobile games
- CNN Is ditching Snapchat Discover in favour of a daily news show
- New study is tracking the potential privacy issues in a fully IoT enabled home
- This is what it looks like to travel at 200mph in SpaceX’s Hyperloop
- Facebook rolled out a special camera filter for the season finale of Game of Thrones 7
- With a mobile temporary tattoo printer, the possibilities are endless
- An account of how Tesla’s marketing of ‘Autopilot’ nearly caused an engineer revolt, offering us all some learnings for the marketing of AI powered or automated services
- Here is Uber’s first pitch deck: next steps… ‘buy 3 cars, develop app…’!
- How growing up with digital butlers may affect children’s behaviour
If you see anything FWD worthy in the week ahead, please share using #OMDFWD