Hello and welcome to your weekly FWD. This week, you can find what you may have missed from Mobile World Congress 2018, including a plan to launch 4G on the moon and the promise of a faster future with 5G. Believe it or not though, MWC is about more than just phones – check out these five emerging technologies from the conference!
In celebration of the Oscars on Sunday, Twitter shared the Best Picture nominees told through the emojis that are most used in tweets about them. During the ceremony, Twitter also launched their #HereWeAre campaign vowing to do more for women.
Next up is SXSW! Stay tuned for more updates on the OMD Worldwide and EMEA social channels…
- All of the announcements from Mobile World Congress 2018 as well as five technologies that show MWC is about more than just phones
- Eagle eyed coders have found voice and video calling codes in Instagram, is the app readying for an update? It could be all change as Facebook looks at adding in voice status updates, get ready for ‘micropodcasting’
- Publishers can take one thing off their list of worries as Facebook drops plans for a second newsfeed
- Busy week for Twitter as they launch their latest campaign in which they promise to do more for women #HereWeAre. Jack Dorsey makes a public call for ideas on how to increase its ‘health’ and release Bookmarks to all users
- UKOM data shows Facebook now reaches over 90% of online over 55s although Snapchat and Instagram overtake for share of time among 18-24s. And this PEW data from the US shows that Snapchat is far from waning
- Only 4% of marketers are taking Dark Social seriously. Is it time to add it to your 2018 plans?
- Kendall who? Snapchat download figures actually increased in the weeks after the redesign
- Tinder lobbies Unicode to #representlove with a more reflective emoji set
- ‘Denim for the digital era’, how Levis are using lasers to distress their jeans
- How PowerBar is using VSCO to find their photographers
- Author of ‘The Cult of the Amateur’ is back with his manifesto for humanising our digital future
- How one publication took a wrong turn in their Facebook video strategy and ended up out of business
- 10 breakthrough technologies for 2018
Please share anything you find interesting using #OMDFWD!