The annual tech and innovation fest, Dmexco gets under way in Cologne this week. This year’s tantalising premise is that, “Digital is everything — not every thing is digital.” Why? Because digital marketing is about to get personal, according to OMD Europe global account director, Steve Blakeman. OMD Germany will be hosting a rather grand presence this year with a stand in the main exhibition area (Hall 7 B-041), which will showcase OMD alongside other OMG agencies. Mainardo de Nardis, our Global OMD CEO, will be taking to the main stage to discuss the changing marketing agency landscape at 11:45 am GMT on September 15th, 2016 which you can livestream. Earlier that morning, Blake Cuthbert will be taking part in the Mediatel breakfast panel where experts will discuss expanding the reach and delivering new customers with digital advertising. Don’t worry if you won’t be able to make it to the event, we will be bringing you live updates across our @OMD_EMEA social accounts.
- The next Instagram update will be jam-packed with new features to match the new iPhone 7 functionality.
- The Guardian is exploring daily news flashes via Facebook chatbots
- Twitter is betting big on live events
- How Netflix are using fan power to drive awareness for their programming
- Buzzfeed is shifting focus to cope with a video-centric internet
- Bots aren’t for banking, yet, according to Forrester
- Why Nintendo finally brought Mario to the iPhone
- The coolest thing to hit Yosemite since Yogi bear – Obama narrates a 360 degree walkaround on Facebook
- Need to get out of an awkward text chat? Meet the Phoney.Club app
- How technology democratises art and creativity (even if the results are mixed)
- A glimpse behind Facebook’s notoriously secretive algorithm
- What self-driving cars can learn from GTA
As ever, share what you spot using #OMDFWD